|IT WAS A GREAT NIGHT!|
On Tuesday May 5th, the recipients of the 2015 SES Explorer Awards were honoured and presented with their Awards at the Park Tower Hotel, London SW1. The award winners joined Sir Ranulph Fiennes, Honorary Vice President of the SES, Neville Shulman CBE, explorer and author, Pen Hadow, Arctic Explorer, Andrew Mitchell, Chairman of the SES, and rainforest advocate, and Col John Blashford Snell, as they present the SES Explorer Awards to their successors, the rising stars of scientific exploration.
Photograph courtesy of Nicholas Young Photography. www.nry.co.uk.
The full list of SES Explorer Award 2015 recipients is at click here.
JUNE 5TH - QEH LECTURE, BRISTOL
JUNE 9th - EXPLORATION AT THE FRONTLINE
SEPTEMBER 14th - SES LECTURE - JOHN HARE - PARK TOWER HOTEL
OCTOBER 13th - EXPLORATION AT THE FRONTLINE
NOVEMBER 19th - SES LECTURE - NIALL McCANN - PARK TOWER HOTEL
BRISTOL LECTURE - FRIDAY 5 JUNE
Queen Elizabeth Hospital's '425' Lecture - 'Close Encounters with Wild Animals' - will be delivered on Friday 5 June at 7.00pm, by John Blashford-Snell at:
Queen Elizabeth's Hospital
For tickets, please go to http://www.qehbristol.co.uk/news-story-919.html?newslistid=6.
ABOUT THE SOCIETY
The Scientific Exploration Society is a UK-based charity (Reg No 267410) founded in 1969 by Colonel John Blashford-Snell OBE and his colleagues. As a non-profit making organisation we initiate a worldwide programme of scientific expeditions focusing on scientific, conservation, education and community aid projects.
Today, the focus of the SES is on delivering outstanding events and experiences to our membership, plus inspiring and supporting - through the SES Explorer Awards - the next generation of ground breaking 'Pioneers with Purpose'.
If you would like to help us continue the Society's work, please click here to donate.
BECOMING A MEMBER OF THE SES
By becoming a member of the Scientific Exploration Society, you are part of a team which is supporting tomorrow's great explorers and celebrating today's exploration pioneers. For costs and how to join click here.
In essence, SES membership entitles you to:
- Advance notice of forthcoming expeditions.
- Details of our regular lecture series given by leading explorers which are held at the Park Tower Hotel in Knightsbridge in their newly refurbished Exploration Suite. This is a great way to meet like-minded people on an informal basis
- Entry to all ‘2015 Exploration at the Frontline’ panel based discussion events held at the Frontline Club, Paddington, London.
- SESAME, the SES magazine is published biannually and is much loved by members.
- Expert help and advice with travel plans
- 15% discount on purchases from Cotswold Outdoor
- 20% discount on online purchases from Power Traveller
- Discounted subscriber prices and access to the extensive range of remote support services offered by leading international health charity InterHealth
- SES books, DVDs, videos and merchandise at discount prices