|Expeditions range from two weeks to three months, with team sizes of 12-30 aged 18-70+ years. Whilst relevant skills are useful no specific qualifications are necessary except for the positions of Lead Scientist, Specialists and Expedition Doctor.
Above all we look for enthusiasm, compatibility and a reasonable level of fitness.
If you would like to find out more, please use the links on the right-hand panel to access specific information about an expedition.
|Once you have decided on which expedition you would like to join, you need to follow these simple steps:|
- Fill in the Expedition Application Form.
- Once in receipt of the application form the Expedition Manager will contact you to arrange an informal interview.
- Upon acceptance we ask that you send a deposit of £300 to secure your place.
- We will then forward an information pack detailing all the information you will need including a project brief, travel arrangements, insurance details etc.
- Finally before the expedition starts, there will be a briefing weekend. This is a chance to learn more about the SES and your chosen expedition - the objectives, expedition life, the location, clothing, equipment and health and safety management.
These weekends are run by SES staff who have all been involved in past expeditions and have first hand knowledge of life in the field. There is plenty of time to talk to the leader, to find out more about what the expedition will involve, get advice about kit and come together as a team through various problem-solving activities.
If you have any further queries or would just like general details about the SES, please contact us.