BECOME A MEMBER
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN THE SCIENTIFIC EXPLORATION SOCIETY
- Join a community of explorers, scientists and adventurers.
- Take up opportunities to go on an exciting SES scientific expedition.
- Enjoy regular social evenings with drinks, dinners and Explorer talks.
- Attend the annual ‘Pioneers with Purpose’ Explorer Awards in London.
- Enjoy great discounts from leading outdoor equipment suppliers.
- Keep up to date with the latest exploration and scientific news and views through the SES media channels.
- Support a charity doing extraordinary work around the world.
- Advance notice of forthcoming expeditions, socials and events.
- Access to detailed expedition and scientific reports.
- SES Annual Review (the much-loved SES Members annual publication).
- Expert help and advice with travel plans.
- 10% discount with Nathan Beard ‘Wild Ventures’ when arranging a bespoke venture.
- 15% discount on purchases from Cotswold Outdoor.
- 20% discount on online purchases from Power Traveller.
- SES books, DVDs, videos and merchandise at discount prices.
To become a Member, please complete the SES Membership Form 1017.pdf (472 KB) which includes a standing order mandate, if required. If you are a UK taxpayer, we would be really grateful if you completed the Gift Aid Section.
To make a donation to the Society, please CLICK HERE.
MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES AND RATES
Full Membership (Individual) - Annual Subscription - £55
Full Membership (Joint) - Annual Subscription - £100
Corporate Membership - Annual Subscription - £500
Under 25s Membership - Annual Subscription - £25
All membership fees, except the Under 25s Membership, are subject to a £15 Joining fee.
LEGACIES AND DONATIONS
Leaving a legacy/bequeathing a donation in your Will is a simple, tax efficient method of ensuring your support of the SES will continue into the future. For more information, please contact Gail Lloyd (email@example.com).
Gift Aid allows the SES to reclaim the tax already paid on subscriptions and/or donations, and will increase the value of gifts at no extra cost. Persons paying subscriptions and making donations need to be currently resident in the UK and be a UK taxpayer. Persons also need to pay an amount of income tax or capital gains tax for each tax year at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities to which that person donates will reclaim on gifts for that tax year. It is currently 25p for every £1 donated. Other taxes, such as VAT and council tax, do not qualify. In order to claim Gift Aid, the SES periodically need forms completed to ensure that donations/subscriptions still comply.
KEEP US INFORMED
If there is any chance that the details we have for you may not be correct or complete, we would be grateful if you could get in touch giving your full name, address, email address, and landline and mobile telephone numbers. Please email Jenny Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org), otherwise post to Expedition Base.